WAREHOUSE AND DISPATCH MANAGER
Morvélo Bicycle Apparel and The Overland are two small, young, dynamic and creative brands who are bringing their warehousing operations back to Brighton. This move enables us to improve our sustainability, responsiveness and reduction of waste and has opened up the opportunity for a Warehouse and Dispatch Manager to take responsibility for our inventory and logistics. This position will be responsible for maintaining stringent warehouse systems to ensure accurate reporting and reliable order fulfilment, as well as dispatching UK and EU orders and fielding customer queries in partnership with our existing team.
The right candidate will be a self-motivated, organised and meticulous worker, comfortable with both cracking on when the workload is high and proactively working on long-term background projects when time becomes available.They will have experience with inventory management software, and also be comfortable communicating with customers. Good written and verbal communication is essential, and an interest in cycling and the outdoors a definite bonus as these are the passions shared by all Morvélo and The Overland staff.
If you think you have the skills, experience and drive to learn and develop in a role that has serious potential, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- Experience in stock management and logistics.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Good computer literacy.
- A positive, friendly can-do attitude as customers will need this support.
- An ability to work efficiently, organising and prioritising tasks effectively.
- The ability to fit well into our group at Morvélo and The Overland. Working together and helping each other out is essential.
- Managing others or a small team would also be desirable as we foresee this role developing in the near future to include this responsibility.
- A good technical knowledge of technical clothing would be helpful in this role.
- An active interest in sustainability would be useful as we seek to reduce our carbon footprint across the entire business.
- Ability to work Monday to Friday around a flexible 9am - 5pm in our new Brighton office & warehouse.
- As the role is in Brighton the successful applicant is likely to live within 25 miles
- As we have two dogs that often come into work, it would be useful if you’re not allergic to our four-legged friends.
- Order fulfilment/dispatch, Ensuring timely despatch of customer and wholesale orders including picking, packing and shipping.
- Being solely responsible to warehouse organisation.
- Field customer inquiries on a ticketing system, discussing technical questions and topics with customers by live chat and email.
- Providing customers with polite and timely answers and solutions.
- Input into the product development process, contributing your own ideas & feedback as a cyclist and outdoors enthusiast and also from our customers.
- The opportunity to put-forward and implement service innovations that will benefit our customers.
- Receiving and checking goods-in deliveries from suppliers.
- Returns processing
- Stock deliveries
- Stock control.
- Oversee all stock locations
- Reporting on levels to inform replenishment orders
- Work with sales & production to maintain stock availability
- Product failure reporting.
- Provisions management.
How to apply:
Please email your CV (maximum 2 pages) email@example.com. This position will be filled as soon as we find the right person so please apply ASAP.
- Your expected salary range
- If applicable your current position and salary
- Your address and phone number
- Grades for any qualifications
- Relevant professional experience
- Your interests in cycling / outdoors / sustainability would also be useful. This isn’t essential but as the current team has active interests in these areas it would help us judge how you may fit within our small and tight-knit working environment.