Marketing and Sales Manager
Morvélo Bicycle Apparel is looking for a dynamic new Marketing and Sales Manager who lives and breathes cycling in all its forms and has a proven track record in driving sales and increasing brand awareness.
It is an exciting and varied role that will see the right candidate grow in responsibility as the business continues to expand. As Morvélo is a small and passionate team, it is more than a standard marketing role: not only will your creative ideas and detailed planning, analysis, budgeting and execution drive sales, but you will also work closely with our web development agency to optimise visitor to customer conversion rate, average order value and customer retention. You may also be involved with events and photoshoots.
Not to mention also having input and ideas on our new product lines and designs, testing all our clothing on your regular rides.
You’ll be joining a company that prides itself on doing and thinking differently to the majority of other cycle brands. We have a long history in action sports and lifestyle and this influences our approach as we continue to make Morvélo a brand that straddles cycling, fashion and design.
Morvélo is based in the vibrant city of Brighton with excellent riding on the doorstep.
Working alongside the two founder-directors, responsibilities will include:
- The development and activation of weekly and monthly trading plans for Morvélo’s B2C and B2B sales channels
- Co-own all acquisition strategy across the UK and international B2C e-commerce sales channels delivering best practice to optimise organic and paid traffic
- Support the generation and activation of efficient campaigns, including email, social media and press, to realise the commercial goals of generating greater customer acquisition and retention
- Co-own customer lifecycle management. Delivering customer segmentation, customer insight, loyalty programmes, community inspiration and belonging, activating effective retention and retargeting strategies to maximise sales growth
- Set e-commerce conversion rate strategy, activating to increase average order value and visitor to customer conversion rates. Monitoring performance and reporting on KPIs
- Liaise with our Paid Media agency to deliver paid social activations, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google and Bing in line with e-commerce and wider brand marketing goals.
- Review all campaigns to continuously optimise and improve performance in line with the trading plan.
- Develop customer research programs, including A/B testing, to gain insights into improving customer journey and conversion.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on activity ROI and site performance.
- Identify and explore new marketing initiatives in relation to ambassadors, events and collaborations.
- Work with our ambassadors to deliver written and photographic content for use on our own site and also that of our retailers.
- Work closely with our retailers to help them promote the Morvélo brand.
You will need to have:
- A passion for cycling in all its forms, from road to mtb, to fully understand and communicate our Ride Everything etho
- Considerable experience (minimum 3-years) of marketing and e-commerce retail trading, ideally within a D2C setting related to consumer products
- A driven personality, able to multitask, prioritise and work as a key member of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working closely with developers to implement digital change
- Strong knowledge of content marketing principles to support brand building
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- An excellent understanding of e-commerce customer journeys and a proven ability to use testing and optimisation to drive KPIs
- A working understanding of Facebook and Instagram business tools
- A working understanding of Mailchimp, including using automation, segmentation and A/B testing to drive effective retention and retargeting strategies
- A good command of written English and an ability to write brand-aligned copy
- Insight and knowledge of the road, mountainbike and gravel/bikepacking markets
- Knowledge of the Shopify platform
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- International experience of European markets is beneficial but not essential
Salary dependent on experience
To apply for this role then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org